In honour of the Premier League kicking off in less than 2 weeks we thought we would pay homage to a select few football style icons as chosen by the guys and girls in OFFICE HQ.
These sporting heroes manage to turn it up both on and off the pitch with their unique style and personality and we have selected some of our favourite footwear to match with these talented chaps.
1. Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos used to sport some long flowing locks and a headband but now this Spaniard has chopped off his famous barnet, grown a beard and always manages to look ruggedly cool. A fan of a Nike Air Max, these new Air Max 90′s are fresh, clean cut trainers that look good simply paired with jeans and a t-shirt.
2. Girls and guys alike never get bored of David Beckham’s timeless style and despite a few fashion blips in the ’90s this man can do no wrong. He looks good in pretty much anything he puts on but his off duty look seems to consist of loose dark jeans, shirt or tee. This classic Beckham style pairs perfectly with the Alpaca Apron shoe as it is easy to dress up or down.
3. Retired German footballer Michael Ballack never fails to look great in a full suit and these premium Poste Artistry loafers are a sleek alternative to a classic lace up. With a high shine finish it is a great shoe for formal events or matched with some nicely cut jeans when you need to look a little suave and sophisticated for dinner.
4. Argentinian bad boy Dani Osvaldo looks like he belongs on a BMX not a football pitch but his rebellious attitude only makes him cooler. He looks a little bit like a pirate and his rocker style stands out with arms covered in tattoos, lots of skull themed jewellery and his long hair tied up in a man bun. Osvaldo’s effortless style is easily matched with some desert chukka boots like the Cookie.
5. Spanish goalkeeper Victor Valdes is not only a great footballer but he is also a pretty good model and like Beckham, looks great most of the time. His classic modern gentleman style calls for a pair of retro Converse All Star ’70s.