As a UK based website we endeavour to ensure that all personal information or “data” provided is handled in accordance with the 1998 UK Data Protection Act and use technology that protects your information (including credit card details) from unauthorised use or access. However, no information transferred over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed to be completely secure.
Our registered office is:
Office Holdings LTD
180 Old Street,
London EC1V 9BP
Our company registration number is 1764341
Our VAT registration number is 340010335
Information we may collect from you
If you want to buy goods from us, you can either register (this process will create your own personal account on our site) or use the guest check out (no account will be created on our site).
Registration: creating an account
Registration involves you giving us the following personal information:
- Your title, name and address where your payment card is registered (including option to save different delivery addresses)
- Contact phone number and e-mail address
Once you have placed your order, you will then be able to check on your order status, manage your address book and speed up the ordering process. Registration also enables you to update your email preferences.
Placing an order
When you place an order with O F F I C E, we ask for your name, e-mail address, delivery address, contact and credit card details as well as expiry date. We keep a record of this information so that we can recognise you and fulfil any orders you place securely with O F F I C E. We retain details of your orders, copies of any e-mail correspondence you send us in order to maintain high standards of customer service.
We may also collect the following information:
- demographic information such as preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we will use your details
We are committed to protecting your personal information and we will endeavour only to use or disclose personal information collected from you for the efficient delivery of our services to you and to work towards improving those services.
In order to process your order we will send you a confirmation email or we may need to contact you by telephone or email to verify details before we are able to process and dispatch your order or we may be unable to accept your order. Your card details will only be shared with any third parties as is necessary to process your transaction. We need to contact card issuers for validation checks and authorisation on all card payments. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. O F F I C E will validate the names, addresses and other information supplied during the order process against commercially available records (e.g Electoral Roll data, Credit Reference Services). A third party may also be instructed to complete these checks. By ordering from the office.co.uk website you consent to such checks being made. Any information given may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of the information. These measures are taken as extra protection for you, to ensure your online shopping experience with us is as safe and secure as possible.
We also use your information to deliver the goods to you, or we might give your details to our carrier if they deliver on our behalf.
We may also use the information to improve our website and personalise your experience during your visit. If we are sold or merged with another company we may transfer, sell or assign information about your relationship with us to third parties, including information that identifies you and other information concerning your relationship with us.
If you opt in to receive information from Office we may periodically contact you by post or electronic mail about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the delivery or email address which you have provided.
Office may, from time to time, share your personal information with its affiliated company, Offspring. Offspring may contact you by post or by electronic mail services about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the delivery or email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
If you change your mind and decide you do not wish to receive the O F F I C E weekly newsletter. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of any emails you receive from us, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Cookies and how we use them
Cookies are small pieces of information in the form of text files that are sent to your browser from our web server and are stored on your computer.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
There are essentially 3 different types of cookies that we use on Office.co.uk
- Cookies essential to website operations - These cookies allow you to browse the Office website, search for products and add items to your basket.
- Non essential but helpful cookies - These cookies help improve your experience on the site by allowing us to make alternative product suggestions based on which products you view.
- Analytics and Marketing cookies - Analytical cookies monitor how you use our site and help us identify areas where we can improve the site. Marketing cookies are used when you visit the site via our emails or via other partner sites (affiliates) and give us visibility of how you found our site.
If you wish, you can set up your computer so that it rejects cookies and you will find instructions on how to do this at www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that in doing so, in common with other online shopping sites, you will be unable to purchase from office.co.uk. Alternatively, please view our section ‘Managing Cookies’ below.
Full details of the cookies that we use (as of May 2012) are listed below.
Cookies essential to website operations
Non essential, but helpful cookies
Analytics and Marketing
If you don’t have cookies enabled on your computer, your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you won't be able to add products to your shopping basket and buy from us online.
To enable cookies
To verify the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option
For Macs: with the browser window open and active, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option
How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, find the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content settings' button
- Select 'Allow local data to be set'
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet options' , then click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Please note that settings above ‘Medium’ will disable cookies
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Select the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security', select the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
- Click 'Save'
We take security seriously and we take precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us, or information stored on our servers, will be free from unauthorised access by third parties.
We comply with all of the applicable data protection laws in the UK. We do not share any data collected via our website with any third party partners but we may send you emails on their behalf if you opt in to receive email from third parties.
Links to Third Parties
3rd Party Ad Serving
We allow other companies, called third-party ad servers or ad networks, to serve advertisements on our behalf. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites. Currently we have relationships with the following third-party ad networks: http://www.criteo.com.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by Office or companies of Office's careful selection for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to Office using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing via our marketing emails or emailing us at email@example.com
- if you have previously agreed to Office sharing your personal information with companies of Office's careful selection for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Data Protection Officer, Ecommerce Team, Office Holdings LTD, Classic House, Martha's Buildings, 180 Old Street, London EC1V 9BP. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email at: email@example.com Alternatively, you may call our team on 08450 580 777, Monday to Friday: 8:30am-5:30pm.