We read somewhere recently that it was Elmo from Sesame Street’s birthday next week. Perhaps it came to us in some sort of nostalgic dream or the little guy is actually turning a year older. From a brief look on Google it seems he would be older than most of us. Yup, our little red furry friend is in his forties! What a trooper.
Many of us here used to tune in to Sesame Street straight after nursery school without fail. There were very important things that had to be taken care of before viewing commenced though;
1. sandwich made expertly by my Mummy, crusts off of course. (jam or crisp filled were personal faves)
2. Plastic cup of squash in hand
3. Chocolate biscuit for after (Breakaway’s or Blue Ribbons only please)
Three magic steps and the nations childern were ready to tune in for an hour of pure bliss, usually followed by a nap. Man we wish I could go back to that for a day!
Ok, before you think We’ve completely lost the plot, it really did get us here at HQ thinking about how fashion has come right back around. Bold trainers, high waisted jeans, leggings and cropped tees are the reserve of the most fashion focused girls.
Here’s our Sesame Street fashion inspiration that you can wear now…
- Pinned by shawnmwilliams.tumblr.com
- Pinned by agjeans
- DKNY Spring 2014 Pinned by bcr8tive.com
- Printed shirt from fab.com