Ever wonder what we get up to at OFFICE? Well, we caught up with Scott Taylor, our CRM Manager to find out all the goss. Here’s what he had to say…
1. What do you love most about your job?
Apart from the people and chocolate Friday, it has to be that every day is different. I would hate to start my week knowing exactly what would happen. I also have a great combination of creativity and data interrogation, which I love.
2. Anything we should know about 2013?
I can’t say too much, but there are some really exciting things on the roadmap. Social Media is going to be big for us this year, watch this space.
3. What do your favourite shoes say about you?
I always wear simple black shoes, which I hope doesn’t portray me too literally *smiley face*. But with simplicity comes versatility, I guess I like to refrain from being a certain stereotype. I also love a good pair of Hunter wellies, I’d wear them all year round if I could.
4. Any advice for anyone wanting to work in fashion and marketing?
Always trust your instincts, when you first start out just take anything you’re given, no matter how tedious, you’ll be amazed how useful it will be along the way. Do your research, and never let a ‘No’ get you down. The final thing is smile, it goes a long way.
5. Any embarrassing work stories?
When I moved to my second job we were allowed to wear shorts in the summer. I took full advantage of this but slightly misjudged one outfit and didn’t realise how tight fitting they were. Luckily my manager was lovely but I don’t wear shorts to work anymore.
6. If you were stuck on a desert island what would you take?
1. David Haye, for obvious reasons but he’s already survived one jungle
2. Thorntons on tap
3. Pen and paper
7. If you were going to do another job what would it be?
If I wasn’t doing this I’d probably be a piano teacher, and I’d live by the beach. But for now I love the chaotic lifestyle that London brings.
8. Finally, what’s your favourite shoes from the OFFICE 2013 spring collection?
Shop Mens Shoes