You know what they say lads, you can tell a lot about a man by his shoe collection. Don’t be caught short this summer with your 10-year-old tatty espadrilles, not when Office has SO much to offer us!
I know, it can be confusing as to what pair to wear with what outfit, and I do realise that some of us just like two or three pairs that are comfortable, versatile and ‘alright’ with all outfits. But why stop at two when you can have many, especially when they won’t break the bank?
Here are a few tips on how to dress up your summer holiday outfits with some great footwear choices:
- Travel to the airport in jeans, T-shirt and these classic Converse All Stars. You could even work them with no socks and tailored shorts for a night out!
- There are ways to wear sandals and look cool. These Marbella sliders would look great either walking around on your city break, or down to the beach with a bright pair of shorts. Don’t EVER wear them with socks though!
- Tired of sunbathing? Then put on these Toms Classic Slip on’s in an Office Exclusive colourway and go for a quick shopping spree in the city.
- For a night out with the lads, a pair of boat shoes will do the trick. Comfy, smart/casual and wearable with literally any outfit, these Ask The Missus Igor pair are a great buy. They would be perfect for high-summer work days at home too.
- My favourites hands down have to be these Poste Huarache woven loafers. I love how ‘safari jungle’ they are, yet still remaining actually quite smart. And for those who don’t like their feet (like me!), these are an amazing alternative to sandals. I have them in every colour, and wear them with jeans and a shirt, shorts and a T-shirt or any of these combinations, all times of the day!
By Simon Glazin
Winner of Cosmopolitan Magazine’s Male Blogger of the Year 2011